Please Note: The System Sensor 5622 hardwired dual-circuit heat detector has been discontinued without replacement.
The System Sensor 5622 is a 5600-series, 194°F fixed temperature, rate-of-rise, dual-circuit, mechanical heat detector. The 5622 detector offers a low-cost means for property protection against fire, and for non-life-safety installations where smoke detectors are inappropriate. Add the hardwired 5622 heat detector to most existing alarm system control panels.
To satisfy a variety of installation needs, the 5622 easily mounts to single-gang and octagonal back boxes. And the 5622 accommodates four-square back boxes, when used with a square to round plaster ring. The reversible mounting bracket permits both flush and surface-mount back box installations.
The 5622 provides clear markings on the exterior of the unit to ensure that the proper detector is being used. Alphanumeric characters identify the activation method, as well as the temperature rating, in Fahrenheit and Celsius degrees. The 5622 is a combination fixed/rate-of-rise unit and is clearly marked FX/ROR. The 5622 detector also provides a post-activation indicator in the form of a collector. When the detector is activated, the collector drops from the unit, making it easy to identify the unit in alarm.
- Multiple configurations for installations: Dual-circuit model, combination fixed-temp/rate-of-rise 194°F rating
- Easy-to-use terminal screws
- A broad range of back box mounting options: Single gang, 3.5" and 4" Octagonal, 4" square with square to round plaster ring
- Reversible mounting bracket
- Dimensions (w/Mounting Bracket): 1.69" (4.3cm) Height x 4.57" (11.6cm) Diameter
- Heat Sensor: 194°F (90°C) fixed temperature, 15°F (8.3°C) per minute rate-of-rise
- Operating Temperature Range: 32° to 100°F (0° to 38°C)
- Maximum Installation Temperature: 150°F (65.6°C)
- Alarm Temperature: 194°F (90°C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 5% to 95% Relative Humidity noncondensing
- Single Gang: Yes
- Wiring: Dual-Circuit
- Wiring Gauge: 14-22 AWG
- Mounting: 3½-inch octagonal back box, 4-inch octagonal back box, Single gang back box, 4-inch square back box with a square to round plaster ring
- Operating Voltage: 6-125VAC / 3A
- Ratings: 6-28VDC / 1A, 125VDC / 0.3A, 250VDC / 0.1A
- Input Terminals: 14–22 AWG
- Activation: Fixed Temperature/Rate-of-Rise
- UL Protected Spacing (10 Foot Ceiling): 50 feet × 50 feet (15.24m × 15.2m)
- Weight: 6 oz. (170 g)
• Hardwired Control Panels (works universally across brands)*
* Depends upon the power availability of the control panel "brains" of the security system.