Please Note: The Resideo CB34UDRES01A CellBounce cellular AT&T 3G GSM to LTE conversion module has been discontinued without replacement.
Resideo has partnered with CellBounce to help Security Dealers and Central Stations address the AT&T 3G Sunset on 2/22/2022.
Smart 3G To LTE® Conversion
The security industry is facing a major challenge: As cellular carriers begin to retire their 3G networks, existing AT&T 3G GSM Communicators will no longer be able to connect to a carrier network. CellBounce has developed technology, specifically designed to keep Resideo AlarmNet 3G GSM devices connected beyond the current 3G sunset of 2/22/22.
Quick and Easy Installation
CellBounce provides a seamless AT&T 3G GSM to LTE connection between an existing Resideo AT&T 3G GSM Communicator and AT&T LTE network. CellBounce is simple to activate and can be installed easily by the end-user by plugging it into an electrical outlet within 25 feet of their current communicator. CellBounce eliminates the need for a truck roll / technician to visit each site to upgrade or modify the existing device.
When installed CellBounce establishes a conversion of the existing Resideo AT&T 3G GSM Communicator signals on the new LTE service. Service functionality of the AT&T network is maintained with the CellBounce unit.
- Plug-and-play 3G to LTE conversion
- Keep AT&T 3G devices connected past the sunset
- Designed for quick and easy end-user installation
- Easy provisioning via AlarmNet 360™
- No truck roll needed
- Doesn't require technicians entering homes and business
- AT&T only
- US only
- 3G to LTE Bi-directional connectivity
- 3G and LTE dedicated internal antennas
- Supports AT&T® Global 3G and LTE Network
- AT&T commits to support CellBounce devices on the AT&T network until May 1, 2025
- Remote provisioning and configuration via Auto-Configuration Server using industry standard TR-069 protocol, including but not limited to:
-Tx Band and Channel
-IMSI White List
- Dimensions: 5.5" x 3.25" x 3"
- Supports SMS
- Simple, end-user installation
LED Status Indicators
- Power and Battery Status
- 4G LTE Signal/Connectivity
- 3G Signal/Connectivity
- Trouble Conditions
For trouble conditions sent directly to central station (DC-09) and/or ACS. Audible beeps for trouble conditions. Silence switch for temporarily silencing audible beeps due to trouble conditions.
- 24-hour backup battery for emergency power during AC loss
- Sealed Lead Acid (6-Volt, 4.5 Ah)
- Place your CellBounce within 25 feet of your alarm panel's communicator.
- Plugged into an outlet that is not controlled by a switch.
- Placed with all four LED indicators and the Silence button facing upright.
- In an elevated location approximatively 3-4 feet above the nground, such as on top of a shelf or cabinet.
- If the Power LED is blinking yellow or red, 1) confirm that the unit is plugged in completely; 2) confirm that the breaker/switch for the outlet is on.
- If 4G LTE® LED is blinking yellow, try re-locating the CellBounce device to another suitable location with better reception.
- If 4G LTE LED is solid or blinking red, try re-locating the CellBounce device to another suitable location with better reception. If the condition exists for more than 15 minutes, please contact your Security Dealer for additional assistance.
- If 3G LED is blinking yellow, confirm that the alarm panel is powered on, and if the condition exists for more than 15 minutes, try re-locating the device closer to the alarm panel.
- If Status LED is solid or blinking yellow, the back panel of the unit may not be properly connected. Please contact your GeoArm for additional assistance.
- If Status LED is solid or blinking red, the battery may not be properly connected. Please contact GeoArm for additional assistance.