WAP-PLUS - Honeywell Total Connect Wireless Security Camera Access Point
The Honeywell WAP-PLUS is a wireless access point. Out of the box, the WAP-PLUS functions as a wireless access point to support Honeywell iPCAM and ACU (Analog Converter Unit) installations where a wireless access point (with WPS security) does not exist. For specific information on how to connect iPCAM or ACU peripherals to the WAP-PLUS see the specific peripheral's installation guide.
In addition, the WAP-PLUS must be used for iPCAM installations with the LYNX Touch (L5100 series) control. For this use, the WAP-PLUS must be configured as described in this document. For specific information on how to connect and configure the LYNX Touch (L5100) to work with the WAP-PLUS, please refer to the LYNX Touch User Guide.
The WAP-PLUS provides an easy-to-setup secure wireless solution that enables Honeywell's iPCAM series internet video cameras to communicate with AlarmNet.
Some major features of Honeywell's WAP-PLUS are:
✓ Utilizes the 802.11b/g/n protocol with WPA2-PSK wireless security.
✓ Supports WPS security. WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is a standard for easy setup of a secure wireless network.
In addition there are three 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports available for wired cameras.
IMPORTANT: This device is for indoor use only. The WAP-PLUS must be spaced at least 4 feet (1.2m) from other wireless devices. For detailed information on wired and wireless operating distances, refer to the camera or ACU's installation guide.
Indicator and connector identification:
- Security: On - Wi-Fi security is set to on. Flashing - Flashes when WPS button has been pressed for 3 seconds and released, to indicate the WAP-PLUS is transmitting a new security key to the wireless camera. When the wireless camera replies, the Security LED lights solid.
- WPS (button): Used to setup a secure wirelessconnection.
- LAN: On - The LAN port(s) is active.
- Wireless: On - Wireless connection exist. Off - No Wireless connections exist.
- Power: On - When power is applied the LED blinks during an initialization period, then remains steady to indicate power is connected.
- Reset (switch): This switch has two functions;
Reboot, and Clear All Data. Use a paper clip to depress. | Reboot - Depress and Release to reboot. (Allow
cycle to complete.) | Clear All Data - Depress and hold for 10 seconds to clear all data, and restore factory settings. (Allow 2 minutes for the cycle to complete.)
- Includes built-in 802.11/WiFi connectivity
- Support WPS security
- For Indoor Use Only
- Three 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports available for wired cameras
- Dimensions: 1.18" H x 3.54" W x 5.51"L
- Case Color: White
• LYRIC CONTROLLER
• LYRIC GATEWAY
• LYRIC CONTROLLER CANADA
Q & A's : Honeywell WAP-PLUS Wireless Security Camera Access Point
comments powered by